Thursday, April 19, 2012

Albert Hall Museum

Albert Hall caught my eye whenever I passed it. The flurry of pigeons in the front, the delicate architecture, made me want to go in. This museum seemed alive, unlike the usual fossil houses. I was particularly struck by its pottery collection. I never knew that there were so many renowned pottery schools within India. They could give the ones at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London a run for its money.
Sculptures, miniature paintings, tie and dye material, ivory work, wood work, and so on are all there. We drifted from one room to another, taking in the sights. The play of light on the courtyards in the afternoon had us looking at the building as much as we looked at the collection.
Now I know one place where I can take visitors!

No comments: