Friday, February 17, 2012

Museum of Childhood

I stumbled upon the Museum of Childhood while I was looking for another place. It had the most delicious dollhouses, from different eras. There were also train sets, car models, rocking horses, Action Man, which is the UK version of GI Joe.
I wished I was a child again. Different toys operating on various scientific principles like friction were explained. There was also an exhibition on magic which was wonderful. There were figues from fairy tales like Cinderalla and Snow White. Rooms had been created according to the themes of books.
The Mad Hatter's tea party was laid, and the wardrobe for the children of Narnia. Harry Potter was the only contemporary figure doffed a hat to. It was a pleasant journey back in time, as I saw kaleidoscopes and projectors similar to the ones I spent hours looking through when I was a child.

No comments: